2020 Awards Criteria
All nominations must include a completed Nomination Form and a narrative statement/letter of recommendation that highlights the peacebuilding services or activities performed by the nominee. Individuals and organizations may nominate themselves.
- The nominee must be currently engaged in activities, programs or services which establish/promote local peace initiatives or peaceful conflict resolution or peace training for any age group;
- Nominees should excel in: (1) Establishing/promoting local peace initiatives; or (2) Promoting peaceful conflict resolution practice(s); or (3) Peace training for any age group;
- These peacebuilding activities, programs or services must be occurring or have occurred during 2020 in Harris or Montgomery County, Texas;
- The DEADLINE to submit nominations is October 16, 2020;
- Submit all nominations electronically at Peacebuilding Community Awards Nomination;
- Incomplete or Illegible nominations will not be considered;
- Current members of the Dispute Resolution Center of Montgomery County, Inc. (DRC-MC) and the Association for Conflict Resolution Houston (ACRH) Boards, and their relatives, are not eligible to participate as nominees;
- Award winners will be publicly announced by October 30,2020;
- Award winners grant permission for their photos, images, likeness or names to be released without additional compensation or notice; and
- Award winners may be asked to do media or social media interviews.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people. – Maya Angelou