The Dispute Resolution Center of Montgomery County, Inc. and the Association for Conflict Resolution Houston Peer Mediation Team are pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 Peacebuilding Community Awards.
Congratulations to the 2020 Peacebuilding Champions!
We salute you for all you do to build peace within Montgomery and/or Harris Counties.
K-12 Grade Category
Rita Wiltz – Children’s Books on Wheels
Mac-Arthur Pierre-Louis, Instant Mediations
Community Member Category
Melanie Davis, H.O.N.O.R. Mentoring
Laran Cone, Kids’ Meals
Chikawa Dance and Traditions
Stay tuned for more information!
2020 Awards Criteria
All nominations must include a completed Nomination Form and a narrative statement/letter of recommendation that highlights the peacebuilding services or activities performed by the nominee. Individuals and organizations may nominate themselves.
- The nominee must be currently engaged in activities, programs or services which establish/promote local peace initiatives or peaceful conflict resolution or peace training for any age group;
- Nominees should excel in: (1) Establishing/promoting local peace initiatives; or (2) Promoting peaceful conflict resolution practice(s); or (3) Peace training for any age group;
- These peacebuilding activities, programs or services must be occurring or have occurred during 2020 in Harris or Montgomery County, Texas;
- The DEADLINE to submit nominations is October 16, 2020;
- Submit all nominations electronically at Peacebuilding Community Awards Nomination;
- Incomplete or Illegible nominations will not be considered;
- Current members of the Dispute Resolution Center of Montgomery County, Inc. (DRC-MC) and the Association for Conflict Resolution Houston (ACRH) Boards, and their relatives, are not eligible to participate as nominees;
- Award winners will be publicly announced by October 30,2020;
- Award winners grant permission for their photos, images, likeness or names to be released without additional compensation or notice; and
- Award winners may be asked to do media or social media interviews.
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people. – Maya Angelou